Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Origins Stay Tuned Balancing Foundation Review

If you're a regular reader, you know my skin hates me in the colder months.  I was desperate for a liquid foundation (which I have never used in my life because I just don't like liquid foundation) that matched my skin colour and provided a little hydration in all the right areas.  Who knew powder foundation didn't provide hydration?! I kid, I kid.  I searched high and low and kept coming up empty handed.  I tried finding shades to match me in 100% Pure, Dr. Hauschka, ZUZU and some other brands and they just didn't work for me.  I know this foundation isn't the most natural or organic out there but what can ya do?! I don't wear it daily.

Claim: Can a face of two strikingly different skin types find beauty in a single bottle? Can color and coverage enjoy a balanced, long-lasting relationship with no dry-outs, streaks or shine-throughs? Tune in and watch oil-blotting, skin-balancing Vegepol, from algae, and smoothing Silicone work seamlessly, side-by-side to create true harmony all day. Optical diffusers scatter light from fine lines and flaws to flatter combo complexions. Skin looks naturally gorgeous, never greasy or glum. Vitamin E protects against environmental damage. Kindly Chamomile soothes skin while Geranium, Bergamot and Spearmint refresh.

This works great all year round for my skin.  It blends so nicely and gives  medium coverage, I definitely still need concealer for any blemishes or scars.  I like applying it with a foundation brush and then patting it in with a wet sponge to give it a nice natural finish.  It comes in a glass bottle with NO PUMP (hate that) so it's easy to spill more product than you need.  There are so many shades available which is awesome.  I purchased it in Natural or Warm Beige originally and ended up exchanging it for Sand because I found the other shade too pink.  Sand is more yellow toned which helps to cover up any redness on my face.  It does look super light on the swatch below, but blends perfectly and I can always darken it up with some bronzer.  It lasts pretty much all day on me with or without a primer. I still don't like liquid foundation and find it too much effort to apply.  I don't like to feel caked on, the less products the better.  This doesn't look cakey BUT I feel cakey because I'm not used to it.  Since I have to use this + concealer + powder, I won't be repurchasing. I'm going to stick to concealer + powder only but do recommend to anyone who is looking for a liquid foundation that is buildable and has several shade options.

UPDATE (Aug 22/12): Origins is owned by Estee Lauder, which I just discovered, who performs animal testing.  Being a vegetarian and against animal cruelty, I will no longer be purchasing from Origins. I will be doing better research going forward.

Retails for approx. $25 CAN for 30ml.  Check out www.origins.com for more info.  I purchased this at The Bay in Yorkdale.

Do you prefer liquid, powder, creme/cream foundation or just simply concealer and powder?




looks better when blended properly with sponge
Ingredients: couldn't find but will update soon once I see the back of a box and snap a pic lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...