Thursday, May 31, 2012

John Masters Citrus & Neroli Detangler Review

Am I the only one who thinks good detanglers are so hard to find?  I just have the hardest time finding something that detangles WITHOUT making my hair greasy.  Until...I came across John Masters.

Claim: This lightweight formula detangles and conditions with a highly-effective combination of 18 certified-organic ingredients: natural soy proteins and borage oil replenish lipid content, wheat & soy proteins restore strength and shine, and essential oils of grapefruit, lemon and neroli provide an uplifting aroma. Makes a great leave-in conditioner. Safe for color-treated hair. 8 fl oz.

My hair is weird.  I have chemically treated hair, which I'm currently growing out entirely, so it's dry BUT my roots and scalp get greasy very quickly. It's fine, but I have lots of it.  At first, I wasn't impressed with this product. I bought it to use as a conditioner, in the shower, and found myself going through so much of it.  I would rub it into my hair, after shampooing, leave it in for about 5 - 10 minutes and rinse.  After I rinsed, I felt like it all washed out and my hair felt dry again.  I had gone through 1/3 of the bottle in a week and was pretty upset.  THEN, I decided to use it as a detangler without using any conditioner in the shower.  (I know it specifically states that it's a detangler, but the bottle and associate at Whole Foods told me that it could be used in the shower as a conditioner.)  What a difference that made!  It left my hair so soft and easy to comb through.  The smell is very light and citrusy, definitely doesn't linger.  It's a lotion consistency that just rubs so nicely into your hair.  I use about a quarter size amount and that's enough to do from my ears down + rub the remaining residue on the top half to help comb it out as well.  I will definitely be repurchasing this detangler.

Retails for approx $22.50 CAD.  For more information, check out http://www.johnmasters.ca/.  You can purchase it from http://www.hipapotheca.com/, http://www.prettyinpinkspa.ca/ and most health food stores including Whole Foods.

                           
                   
Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera leaf juice) gel,* aqua (water), behentrimonium methosulfate, cetearyl alcohol, panthenol (vitamin B5), hydrolyzed soy protein, wheat amino acids, sorbitol, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil,* cocos nucifera (coconut) oil,* helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil,* lecithin, tocopherol, glycerin, citric acid, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil,* citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil,* citrus aurantium dulcis (neroli) flower oil,* canarium luzonicum (elemi) gum nonvolatiles,* cymbopogon shoenanthus (lemongrass) oil,* sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, arnica montana (arnica) flower extract,* camellia sinensis (white tea) leaf extract,* chamomilla recutica (chamomile) flower extract,* calendula officinalis (calendula) flower extract,* equisetum hiemale (horsetail) leaf/stem extract,* foeniculum vulgare (fennel) seed extract,* lonicera caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower extract, linum usitatissimum (flaxseed) seed oil,* borago officinalis (borage) seed oil,* sodium hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid), sulfur
* NOP Certified Organic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...