Sunday, May 13, 2012

100% Pure Luminous Primer Review

I've never been a primer girl, actually, I've never really been a makeup girl! This is the first primer that I've actually purchased and use daily. I have received samples of silicone based primers from Sephora in the past but hate the feeling of them.  That's probably why I've never bothered to use one before.

Claim: Light reflective pigments diffuse the look of lines and wrinkles and make skin instantly luminous, brighter, healthier and glowing.  Infused with red wine resveratrol, vitamins and antioxidants to shield from free radical damage.  

I have combo/sensitive skin and was worried that the light reflective pigments would make my face look greasy but it doesn't.  I actually don't notice a difference in the brightness of my skin after applying it.  I use about a pump or a little less and it's enough for my entire face.  It's hydrating, yet mattifying.  It hasn't made me break out and I've been using it for a solid month, if not longer at this point.  I like that it's packed with antioxidants and 100% natural, nothing but pure goodness.  It has a pump and cap which I just love, I'm a fan of pumps.  The odd part, and don't let this throw you off because it doesn't linger, is the smell.  It smells like dough.  What? Yes, like dough lol.  I can't explain it any other way. Aside from that, I love it!

Before using this primer, my makeup would last about 4 hours.  Now, I can make it through a whole 8 hour work day.  Obviously my make up doesn't look perfect at the end of the day, I do need to touch up if I'm going out.  Will I repurchase? Definitely.

Has anyone else tried it?  What are your thoughts?

Retails for $33 CAN. It can be purchased at http://www.100percentpure.ca/, Pretty in Pink Spa http://www.prettyinpinkspa.ca/ and The Big Carrot http://www.thebigcarrot.ca/



                                        
Ingredients: Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Gel)1, Jojoba Oil, Jojoba Wax Esters, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Extracts of Organic Camelia Sinensis Leaf Ferment (Green Tea)2 and Resveratrol, Silica, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado Butter), Lonicera Caprifolium (Japanese Honeysuckle), Mica
1 certified organic by SGS Organic
2 certified organic by Oregon Tilth Certified Organic
Net wt.1 oz / 30 ml

6 comments:

  1. Does this work well for mineral foundation (powder)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the primer and love that everything in it is great for the skin. Best buy of the century!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too! I use this everyday, along with the 100% Pure Tinted Moisturizer...among other things from them. I have super sensitive dry skin and this is the only primer (and makeup) that doesn't make me break out or look crepey. Like you, it definitely makes my natural makeup last longer than without, but still needs a touch up at the end of the day. I've tried others, but go back to this every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic! I find their foundation to cling to every dry patch imaginable, funny how things work differently on everyone xo

      Delete

Thanks for the comment/feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...